Sunday, February 1, 2009

Divine Child - Mangalore



It was on 31st of December 2007. Me and Col. Kini after visiting the temple in Mangalore proceeded to my friend's residence to buy devotional audio CDs. When we were nearing the house, Col. took a detour and went to a shop and purchased some chocolates for the child in the house. I was surprised as my friend though married for ten years, was not blessed to have a child yet. I told Col. that he doesn't have an issue. The Col. was sad. He put the chocolate in his pocket and climbed the stairs to meet my friend and his wife.
My friend's wife had just finished reciting the Devi Stotram and the house was full of fragrance of Agarbattis. Col. selected few CDs and was happy seeing the recording being done by my friend's wife. When we were about to leave the house, Col. asked my friend and his wife to show the Pooja room. He prayed for a minute and took the chocolate from his pocket and revolved it around the heads of the couple and gave it to me to throw it outside. I did as he instructed me to and was surprised to see the change of expressions on Col.'s face. He asked for a glass of water and some sugar cubes. He dissolved it in the water and touched the water with his finger dipped in vermillion. He then gave the water to the couple to drink half-half. When they drank it, he smiled and said : Give the good news within four months. Then he asked if there is a Hanuman temple nearby. My friend said that its very close and that he visits everyday. He asked my friend and his wife to prepare and offer 21 betel leaves garland to Lord Hanuman. Then he moved out, looked at the moon and left the house. Then we drove Colonel to the nearby Hanuman temple which he had talked about. The same evening, Col. left for Bangalore.
Exactly after three months, my friend called up to inform Col. that there is a good news. I asked him about it as I had already forgotten the above mentioned evening. It was a miracle. I could not believe the news. My friend, inspite of being married for ten years and had remained childless, was divinely blessed to become a father ! And then i recollected Colonel's words. I called him up to pass on the good news. He cooly said : It will be a Divine Child, coming for a purpose.
This was 2 years ago. Today, the child, Dhiraj, has entered his second year. I just can't understand how Col. could bring happiness in my friend's family by just spending an evening with them.
I am writing this to give a ray of hope to all those who are looking for such kind of a Divine intervention in their lives so that they can also be benefitted by a stranger's visit.
Truly, ATITHI DEVO BHAVA.

- Dinesh Kamath,
Mangalore.
6th October, 2008.

No comments:

Post a Comment